NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Access DB to SQL Server

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to setup a SQL-Server Database.

Currently i'm using Access, and my own Scheme which is very close to the "Generic Recordset".

I've tried several things.

* Strip my .mdb to contain only tables but no data.

* Import this to SQL Server.

** Import complete .mdb database including data.

My tablenames in SQL Server always gets the prefix "dbo". That means they are using a "dbo" scheme - right ?

I can export my Scheme (.ini) from TestStand, but how do I get that into SQL-SERVER ?

Currently I get the error below:  (is this the result of not having the correct scheme in place ?)

An error occurred calling 'LogMultipleResults' in 'ITSDBLog' of 'zNI TestStand Database Logging'

An error occurred executing a statement.

Statement: UUT_RESULT.

Description: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ID', table 'PTA_DR2_COMMON.dbo.UUT_RESULT'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

Number: -2147217873

NativeError: 515

SQLState: 23000

Reported by: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0Description: The statement has been terminated.

Number: -2147217873

NativeError: 3621

SQLState: 01000

Reported by: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0Description: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

Number: -2147217887

NativeError: 0

SQLState: 01000

Reported by: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0

Under the "data link property" in TestStand I set up to use a "Specific User Name and Password" which is set up in SQL Server.

I choose to save the "Password".

Test connection is OK.

If I close the window, but reopen it right after,  the password properties are gone... that means it's not saved !   Why ?

If I use NT integrated Security, the access to the database is working.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,897 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NikolajEgeskovOstergaard

I found a "Solution" by exporting each table one by one from Access instead of Importing on SQL Server.

Now it seems to be OK 

Message 2 of 2
(2,855 Views)