NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If steps are skipped teststand still passes

Hello,

I a question regarding running a sequence and use the function set next step.

When I do skip the test like above the test result must not be pass.

I can scan every step for result but I think that there must be a simple sollution.

gr,

Bart

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,441 Views)

In your logic for whether or not to skip the test, you could all a Step.Result.Status = "Failed".

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,430 Views)

Hi crossrulz,

When a product needs to be repaired, sometimes the end of the test has to be tested.

The engineer will break the test and then set the next step to a step later in the test.

This way the test will be skipped partially but if all passed and partially is skipped the test must be not passed.

I thought that teststand had an option that it will need all the steps must be executed and PASS to get a Pass in the report.

I do not want to add code in een sequence for handling this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,427 Views)

TestStand looks for a specific step result status "Failed"  to fail the UUT.

If the whole sequences has step status as "Passed" or "Skip" or "Done" or "error" the UUT status will always show as passed only.

If you want to do this you probably at the end of the testing (main sequence -- end) you can iterate through the locals.resultlist and check if there are steps with "skipped" status and fail the UUT.

FYI locals.resultlist contains the status of all the steps executed.

Generally what i have seen is when a product undergoes maintainence (repairs) it is retested completely again (all the steps are run again).

Hope this helps.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,421 Views)

Hi SunRS,

I still think there should be an option that teststand should only give a pass when all results are pass or done.

Error/skip and fail should result in a fail.

It would be frustrating and expensive to change all excisting sequences by adding the the routine to check the step.resultlist and modify the result flag.

Now we first have to repair the board and then a operator must test the product to create a report.

gr,

Bart

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,411 Views)
Having certain tests skipped in a full sequence would be a normal situation such as a condition for different versions of a product so your idea is not very robust. What I did for a large repair facility was modify the process model. If the sequence was run with technician or developer privilege, the test was marked as Incomplete. An operator does not have the privilege to skip tests so a full test is performed.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,403 Views)

Hi,

I agree with the problem in updating multiple sequences.

However it is possible that you can update (customize) the process model sequence to fail the UUT if there are any steps with status as skipped.

You will need to customize the process model and also copy this customized process model into all your test systems.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7958/en/  gives a basic understanding to start customizing the process model.

Hope this helps.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,365 Views)