NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.\IdFile.cpp(123): InstallerError 11006

Hello

I am trying to install from Download on NI website Test Stand on a 32bit with Windows XP in my machine, but I keep getting the follow error:

Developer Error. The following errors were found in your ini file:
1. Missing Section: [Volume Id]

Correct the ini file and try again.
Found while attemping to read the volume id file.

Please HELP, I have a very short deadline coming around the corner.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,058 Views)

Hey SBah,

To clarify, you downloaded the TestStand 2010 installer from ni.com/downloads, is this correct?  

Also, what other NI software do you currently have on the machine, and has any NI software been uninstalled from the machine? We sometimes see this error when references to old NI products weren't properly removed during uninstallation. Another cause of the issue can be if you aren't running the setup.exe file from the hard drive of the computer you want to install it on, so if you have the setup files on a CD or thumb drive, I would recommend copying the files to the hard drive before installation.

I hope that helps some, and if you do continue to have problems with it, please let us know so we can help you get that resolved.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,037 Views)

I am having this same issue after uninstalling all NI apps from a PC that I am testing my deployments on. Help please? Thanks!  🙂

I tried to Recover from a Restore point but that did not help. Also ran CCleaner on the registry and removed NI links that were bad.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,783 Views)

Hey Pat,

Are you running the installer from a TestStand deployment, or the main TestStand installer? If it is the main TestStand installer, where did you obtain it from (disk or online download)?

Also, you can create a log of the installation process by following these steps. If you could follow that process and then attach the log to a reply, we could take a look and see if it provides any additional information about the issue.

Let us know how it goes!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,771 Views)

Installer is from TS 2013 deployment.

MetaInstaller: Started MetaInstaller version 3.2.0.357: Thu Feb 13 14:34:46 2014
MetaInstaller: Called with command-line: /log log.txt
MetaInstaller: ***Progress Info*** Start: InitializeSystemWideLog. Thu Feb 13 14:34:46 2014
MetaInstaller: ERROR! Developer Error. The following errors were found in your ini file:
MetaInstaller: 1. Missing Section: [Volume Id]
MetaInstaller:
MetaInstaller: Correct the ini file and try again..\IdFile.cpp(123): InstallerError 11006
MetaInstaller: Developer Error. The following errors were found in your ini file:
MetaInstaller: 1. Missing Section: [Volume Id]
MetaInstaller:
MetaInstaller: Correct the ini file and try again.
MetaInstaller: Found while attemping to read the volume id file.
MetaInstaller:
MetaInstaller: MetaInstaller exiting Thu Feb 13 14:34:48 2014. Returning -11006

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,765 Views)

*Bump*

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,660 Views)

Figured it out... For unknown reason(s) 7-Zip was not adding "nidist.id" to my zip file from my Volume1 installation directory. I manually copied the file to the same directory as setup.exe on the test PC and now the error has gone away.

How'd to figure it out? Well, the error said it could not find "Volume Id". I did a text search of the installation files zipped and copied to the test PC and didn't find it. Did a search on the development PC in the installation directory and found it. One of the toughest things to do in software is to provide meaningful error messages.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,654 Views)

I am trying to install labview 2016 with Windows XP in my machine, but I keep getting the follow error:

Developer Error. The following errors were found in your ini file:
1. Missing Section: [Volume Id]

Correct the ini file and try again.
Found while attemping to read the volume id file.

Please HELP, I have a very short deadline coming around the corner.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,298 Views)

Hi lady1

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B972242574D4BB99862575A7007520CB

The last version compatible with Windows XP is the first release of Labview 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,288 Views)