From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a TS Shortcut to exe on desktop

I've seen in the TestStand Deployment the option (checkbox) to Create a Program Item. I don't want my testexec to start right away. What I really need is an icon on the desktop. How do I create a desktop icon (shortcut) to the exe that gets created during the installation?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,013 Views)
After deploying, open windows explorer and navigate to the exe file. Right click on the filename and select Send To -> Desktop (create shortcut).
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,011 Views)
Is there no way to have the deployment do that automatically?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,009 Views)
I've seen this done with some other installer tools, but I don't think the TS Deployment tool does this. Maybe you could deploy using TestStand, then use one of the installer tools that can do this to create an install file that deploys the TS Deployed files and create the shortcut. In other words, use the TS Deployer, then create an install file with the newly deployed files. Use the final install file to deploy to all other machines. A google search for Installer or Package Install might lead to one that performs this action.
- tbob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,006 Views)
Look at this package installer, it can create shortcuts on the desktop.
- tbob

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,001 Views)