NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the property-loader?

Hello,
i´m using TS 3.5 and LV 8.0. Now i also want to use the built-in property-loader from Teststand.
Is there somewhere a documentation for "beginners" how to use this property-loader? At the end i want to read parameters from an ascii-file which updates my input-parameters of the steps in the current-sequence.
I know how to read and change parameters from teststand in labview via active-x, but i have no idea how to use this propertyloader-thing.
Is there an easy help file somewhere in the net ( I havent found one yet)?
Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,259 Views)

Hi,

The User Manual/Reference Manual has a section on the Property Loader, You will find it reference in the database section.

There are some examples in the TestStand Examples folder as will.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,241 Views)
Meanwhile i can use the propertyloader for Limits and Variables which are in a container of the teststep. What not worked was:
1.) setting the properties of a "Messagebox". For example the property "Button1Label". Why is this not working?

2.) The second thing what is not clear: Do i need for each sequence an own property-loader? I tested it with a sequence with one subsequence. Does the subsequence needs its own property-loader?

Currently the import-csv-file looks like this:
Start Marker,,,
<Step Name>,Limits.Low,Limits.High,Cont.Voltage
TestStep_1,1,2,4
TestStep_2,8,16,32
End Marker,,,

When Teststep_1 and Teststep_2 are both in mainsequence then it works. When i copy Teststep_2 in a subsequence then i get an error (-18).

Any ideas about my two questions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,208 Views)