NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use TestStand 4.2 sequential model in TestStand 2014

Hi,

I have a old sequence file write by TestStand 4.2, and the sequence model is using sequential model of 4.2, and we modified it as our own specific sequential model.

Now we want to upgrade to TestStand 2014, however, we found that our specific sequential model can not work! there are some constructs can't be found in 2014. 

How can I do to make sequence model from 4.2 to work on 2014?   Please find the attached picture to see the error example in 2014.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,055 Views)

It looks like some of the activex objects changed between versions.  You should just be able to point it to the new version of that activex component.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,047 Views)

I have tried this , but many activeX can't be found in 2014! I think there should be a procedure to migrate.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,041 Views)

Have you read through this document: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14515/en/

It also references this one: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14204/en/

I haven't read them thoroughly so I'm not sure they have what you are looking for, but they should get you on the right track.

Let me know if you have more questions,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,032 Views)

yes! I have already read through the 2 documents you listed. And attached picture I get from the document 1 , in this part, should be the method to migrate process models from before 2010 to after 2010.

According to the method, I just need to copy the Models directory of 4.2 to the same directory of 2014, and cover.

However, I tryed this, and the active automation in the sequence model file is still missing.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,027 Views)

Dear,

I modified the broken sequence model file one by one, using TestStand 2010 legacy model in TestStand 2014, and finally all the broken has been solved. Now the model can run properly.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,012 Views)