From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share one action to multiple UUT test?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

In fact, I don't know how to define the topic exactly.

My request is like the following :

For example, I have a signal generator and four UUTs.

Signal Pattern 1 ON -> batch(4 UUT test...) -> Signal Pattern 1 OFF, Signal Pattern 2 ON -> Batch(4 UUT test...) ...so on...

I got stuck how to put the action into the teststand and do once instead of 4 times.

Something similar to the callback of  ProcessSetup, PreBatch, and PreUUTLoop,

but I wonder if there is a way to call an action once within multiple UUTs in the MainSequence.

Could someone give me some suggestion? Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,993 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author William1225

Hey William,

You're probably going to want to use the "One Thread Only" option of a batch synchronization section to do this. It sounds like you're already using the Batch process model, so this should be fairly easy to implement. If it's a single step, you can go to the Synchronization tab of the step settings and change the Batch Synchronization setting. If it's multiple steps in a row, you could use the Enter Synchronized Section and Exit Synchronized Section modes of the Batch Synchronization step type.

Also, we have an example that demonstrates this functionality. You can find it at <TestStand>\Examples\MultiUUT\BatchUUT.seq. If you look at the Set Chamber Temperature step, you will see that it is configured in this way.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,965 Views)

Exactly!, thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,959 Views)