NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set string container from Vi to Teststand?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I want to write array parameter in file global in Ni test stand.

I have .csv file listed with different string and Usign labview I want to set this string container in teststant.

Here in attachment there is a test file, vi and seq. file I have attached.

Please tell me where i am doing mistake in it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, 

Ankit.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,721 Views)

Without looking into your attachements:

This should help.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,718 Views)

Hello Norbert,

Thank you very much for your quick response.

I want to get data from labview and set it into the Ni teststand in file global.

Link which you provided may do getting the value from test stand and note it down in labview.

is there any other help you may provide?

Thank you very much once again.

Regards, 

Ankit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,713 Views)

I have just change the title of questions for easy to understand.

Regards, 

Ankit.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,682 Views)

Do you want to create File Global Variable Dynamically? and the update the Value from LabVIEW to File Global which is been created dynamically

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,679 Views)

Ankit,

the way to get a parameter INTO a LV module is the very same as getting a parameter OUT of a LV module. Obviously, you need to learn more about LV and TS....

You have to define the cluster as indicator in LV and wire it to the connector pane of the VI. Then do what the provided link tells you.

If your question is on how to use the TS to create a new variable:

This can be done, but you have to learn a lot about TS. I recommend you to attend the TS 2 training class from NI to learn about the TS API in general. Then you should dig into the API documentation (TS help) to find the methods and properties you require to do this.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 8
(4,678 Views)

Thank you very much for your good suggetions.

My point was to import the variables into the fileglobal in teststand from the .csv file or xml file.

The vi and sequence which I have put in my first post seems correct, the problem was like during the Run mode of teststand Fileglobal is able to load the variable from the file, but once run finish variable is automatically deleted from it.

I have add additional result step after action step in the teststand.

Is there any way to keep updated variable in file global after finishing the process in teststand.

Regads, 
Ankit.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,672 Views)
Solution
Accepted by AnkitRamani

Ankit,

your problem is that you are working on a copy in memory. This does NOT affect the sequence file. As the location of the file globals in memory is not equal to where it is in the file, simply saving the file doesn't help either.

What you can do is to create the variable (insert if missing) in the RunState.SequenceFile.Data.FileGlobalDefaults area, then save the file. This, however, is not affecting the currently loaded FileGlobals unless you reload the file gloabls or create the variable in FileGlobals as well.....

Norbert

Norbert
Message 8 of 8
(4,669 Views)