NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select more than one route in Switching dropdown?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i am using TS2015 SP1 and SwitchExec 2015. I created a list of routes that are now visible in the step-properties "Switching" in the dropdown-field "Route(s) to connect".

Here i can click on one item in the list to select it.

What can i do to select a second item from the dropdown-list?

It looks as i have to write the second item after the comma manually. Ist this correct? Or is there a trick to select again from the dropdown?

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,413 Views)

Is this what you are after?

Route Specification Strings

When you instruct TestStand to connect or disconnect routes defined in an NI Switch Executive virtual device, you must specify a route specification string. The syntax of a route specification string consists of a series of routes that ampersands (&) delimit. NI Switch Executive ignores white space characters between tokens in a route specification string.

The syntax for a route specification string is as follows:

routeOrGroup { & routeOrGroup } { & routeOrGroup } . . .

Where routeOrGroup is one of the following:

• Route name
  • Route group name
  • Fully-specified path—Enclosed in square brackets and consisting of a series of channels that "->" delimits. The following shows the format of a fully-specified path:

[ channel {-> channel } {-> channel} . . . ]

A channel must be one of the following:

• Channel alias name
  • Unique name—A combination of the IVI device logical name and IVI channel name that a "/" delimiter separates
  • IVI channel name
Tip  You can use NI Switch Executive to find an available path at run time by slightly modifying the syntax. Remove the square brackets and replace them with the two endpoints of the route that a -> delimits.
Note  Any channel, other than an endpoint, within a route specification string must be reserved for routing or directly hardwired to one of the endpoint channels. Channels, other than endpoints, must not be configuration channels.
Note  When connecting a route, the list of channels may only include a single source channel either explicitly or implicitly by means of a previous connection. Attempts to connect two sources together will result in an error.

Channels on either end of a bracketed, fully specified path must not be a Configuration or a Hardwired channel. Only one end channel can be a Source channel. The inner channels in a route specification string must be either a Configuration or Hardwired channel. The following are examples of route specification strings:

[SampleMatrix1/c0->SampleMatrix1/r1->SampleMatrix1/c4]

[Scope->R3->SampleMatrix1/c6]

ArbToInput & ScopeToOutput

PowerDevice & [Scope->R3->UUT_Out]

To specify a route specification string in an expression, the expression must return a valid route specification string when TestStand evaluates the expression. The following are examples of expressions that return valid route specification strings:

"PowerDevice & [Scope->R3->UUT_Out]"

Locals.MyRouteGroupName + "& ScopeToOutput"

SwitchFindRoute("DeviceName", "DeviceChan1", "DeviceChan2") + "&" + Locals.RouteName

Note  You can use the SwitchFindRoute expression function to dynamically determine a physical route path at run time.
jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 9
(4,399 Views)

I don't think you can select multiple times from the dropdown.  It looks like that isn't allowed.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 3 of 9
(4,398 Views)

Hi jigg,

but is it allowed to write two routes manually into the field "Route(s) to connect?

I did this: "M2_C6R7","M2_C7R7" and logged it in NI-I/O-Trace.

But here i see only:

Open Session

Connect (...M2_C7R7...)

Disconnect

What happened to the other route? Why is it not logged?

I cannot check if it is executed in the hardware as the driversession is running in simulation-mode.

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,395 Views)

"M2_C6R7" & "M2_C7R7"

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 5 of 9
(4,392 Views)

The reason a comma works but doesn't give you the behavior you want is because the Route(s) to Connect: box is an expression.  You are basically putting 2 expressions in there by having the comma.  The way TestStand expressions work is that it will evaluate each but only return the last one.  So that's why M2_C7R7 is the only one that connects.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 6 of 9
(4,390 Views)

The name of the expression is "Route_s to connect. So i read this as i could connect more than one route using this field.

When writing "M2_C6R6" & "M2_C7R7"

The route specification string contains invalid characters or could not be understood.

No match could be found for given route or group name. Route:M2_C6R6M2_C7R7

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,386 Views)
Solution
Accepted by OnlyOne

My Bad!

I meant: "M2_C6R6 & M2_C7R7"

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com