NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save binary array result to database

I want to save an image file to the results database.

I imagine that this is a common task.  I would appreceate if someone could send me a working example.

I created a custom step with a numeric array in the Step.Results folder.

I created a DLL (C#) to read the file contents and return it to TestStand as a byte array.

When the step runs the array is populated - OK so far.

ISSUE#1 - At the end of the sequence the process model hangs a very very long time at the step to write to report.  I am using the ATML v6.01 report.

I experimented with tiny image files and it hangs a much shorter time.

The report is not displaying my data.  Not sure why it is processing it - taking a long time.

Q1) How do I prevent the report from hanging on my array of data?

ISSUE#2 - the data is not going in the database.

I am using a database very similar to the default NI database - Generic Recordset (NI)

I added fields for our customer but the PROP_RESULTS and the PROP_BINARY part of the schema is identical.

I am getting a record in the PROP_RESULTS  for my test step but nothing is going in the PROP_BINARY.

Per the schema, any property object that is an arry type should be added to the PROP_BINARY table.

Below is an image of the properties for this custom step.

Attached is a sample sequence file with the step in use (provides a copy of the custom step type). 

The area of concern is moving the data form the step to the database and nto hanginup the local report.

I did not include the DLL that collected the array from the file.

Custom Step Properties - Numeric Array in Step Results.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,967 Views)

Hi eddiek,

An idea that might work for you is to write a LabVIEW vi that will save the images to the database and then call that vi using TestStand. This user was able to create a VI that saved an image to a database:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-can-I-insert-an-image-JPG-into-a-SQL-database/td-p/650392/page/2

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,938 Views)