From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve test socket results from a batch execution?

I have a sequence with a sequencecall step configured to run a sequence with a new execution using the Batch process model.  The step is also configured as "Do not wait" for execution to complete and it returns a reference to the new execution.

Execution Settings.png

My intentions were to use a "Wait" step later on in the calling sequence configured to "Wait for: Execution" to retrieve the ResultList of the called test sequence.  This seems to work well when the call is configured to use the Sequential Model with Single-Pass entry point.  However, when configured to use the Batch Process Model with Single Pass entry-point, the ResultList returned is only for the controller execution, no results for the test socket executions is returned that I can tell.

Does anyone know if there is a way to retrieve the ResultList from the test socket executions of a batch execution from a calling sequence?

Thanks

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,055 Views)

@DamienGaudry wrote:

I have a sequence with a sequencecall step configured to run a sequence with a new execution using the Batch process model.  [...]

Thanks

Damien

What is the use case of this? Do you intend to create a new process model which encapsulates the batch model?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,014 Views)

Hello Norbert,

Thanks for the response.

The test solution we are replacing monitors external conditions (thermal chamber) and based on those conditions (hot/cold/transition), executes a particular test.  We haven't nailed down the particular framework we are going to used to tie it all together (maybe in a custom process model or perhaps in a custom UI) but for executing the individual tests and collecting results, I wanted to use the mechanism described in my original post.  If we were testing one UUT, we'd use the sequential model and everything I described would work fine.  But in our case, we need to test 8 UUTs and have some shared hardware resources that we plan on using the batch model and batch synchronization to help manage.

Perhaps there's a better mechanism you'd suggest for returning the status of those executions to the calling sequence or applciation?

Thanks,

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,006 Views)

Damien,

sounds like you should use a standard batch model. Iterate multiple times on your test sequence using different sets of configuration settings using the same serial numbers.

You can modify the batch model to include the iterations on the tests depending on configuration settings before requesting new SNs to ease the use of the model.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,004 Views)

You can simply collect your data in SequenceFilePostResultListEntry callback of the sequence - it's running in each thread separately, so you can easily process data there. Did you try to do like this?

Sincerely, kosist90

logos_middle.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,999 Views)