cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to record action outputs in the report

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Could you plesae let me knwo if I can record the return values ( for any action or test) whenever I call a code module?

For example let's say I have this action

Numeric record( A, B)       so  when I call record and pass A and B the LabVIEW code module return me a numeric value. How can I present this value in TestStand report because in the TestStand report I can only see "Done" for that step. 

I would like to record all my return values ( numeric , array or any kind) when I call a LabVIEW code module

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,004 Views)

Hi,

If you don't want to use the "Tests" types and use the Action step type you can do the following:

1. Create a local variable of with the type your VI returns e.g. Numer type for numeric values, String type for string values.

2. Store the output value of your Action VI in the local variable

3. In the post expression of your step, copy the local result to Step.Result.ReportText e.g.

Step.Result.ReportText = Str(Locals.NumericValue)

Step.Result.ReportText = Locals.StringValue

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,995 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ethen99

Please look into additional results.(Refer Help).

You can log any variable into the report.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,973 Views)

For most adapters, including the LabVIEW adapter, there is a "Log" column with checkboxes next to each parameter. Just check the checkbox next to the parameters you want to show. If you are using a really old verison of TestStand you might not have this feature, but it's been around for at least the past few versions.

Hope this helps.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,967 Views)

@dug9000 wrote:

For most adapters, including the LabVIEW adapter, there is a "Log" column with checkboxes next to each parameter. Just check the checkbox next to the parameters you want to show. If you are using a really old verison of TestStand you might not have this feature, but it's been around for at least the past few versions.

Hope this helps.

-Doug

FYI: The log checkbox dynamically enables the additional result for the parameter. It is a shortcut to having to go to the additional results pane. Just letting you know.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,941 Views)