From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to protect process model being modified (using Teststand3.1)?

I'm developing a custom Process model, and don't want to be modified by others. I know there's a password protection function in Teststand3.5 but not available in Teststand3.1. Is there any other methods to prevent my process model  being modified by others in Teststand3.1??

Thanks!
Jacky
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,005 Views)
Protect from whom? Are you using the user manager and are you checking privileges? If you want to protect the process model fro other TestStand administrators, I'm not sure what you can do but the default privileges prevent operator and technicians from editing a sequence file or process model and if you can use the user manager to change the Developer profile Privileges>Configure>Edit Process Model to false.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,000 Views)
Can you make the file read-only or remove write-privileges for everyone but yourself?

If you do this, you might also consider unchecking Configure>>Sequence Editor Options>>All Editing of Read-Only Files so it doesn't get edited in memory.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,991 Views)

Sorry about my poor description.

Actually, I expect to have a passport protection of my process model and if somebody take and use it on the another computer, they only have the read right, no modification right.

Thanks!

Jacky

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,989 Views)
As you stated, password protection for sequence files is a feature of TestStand 3.5.  I can't think of any reasonable way to simulate it in TestStand 3.1.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,979 Views)