NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify report-style (ASCII)?

Hello flaborde,

this works very good for the numeric measurements.

One more thing is: How can i change the comma-separators to semikolons?

And:

How can i access this report from Labview?

In my old program there i had a custom VI in the model which only gets the "Sequence Context" as input-parameter and with a Get-Property-Value-VI i read the "Locals.Report" which then makes the report-content available in Labview.

I put this custom-VI now in the sequence NI_SimpleTextReport_LabVIEW.seq i at the end of the "Model Plugin - UUT Done.

But when running it errors "Expected string found object reference". What is correct because as i see in the LOcals that the Locals.Report is now a object-reference. How can i access the content of this reference using only the Sequence-context in labview?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(964 Views)

Unfortunately for both those things you would need to make code changes. 

The first code change is fairly trivial, in order to change the separator you will have to modify the code of the model plugin. The code is located in:

LabVIEW: AppendReportRow.vi inside SimpleTextPlugin.llb

C#: Method AppendReportRow(ReportSection, string[], ref NI_SimpleTextReport_DotNetOptions)

CVI: Method AppendReportColumn(SimpleStringBuilder*, const char*, size_t, size_t*, BOOL)

The second one is a little more complicated, Locals.Report is set by the plugin, in the case of the simple text plugin we never set it to anything, but if you want to set it to the generated report text you can pass in the sequence context to the model plugin step Process Result List in the sequence Model Plugin - UUT Done step and set the Report object's string value to the generated report so that you can read it later on (if you just want to store the value so that other code modules can use it you could also return it and store it in a variable of your liking without having to pass the sequence context).

Hope this helps,

Francisco

Message 12 of 13
(955 Views)

Hi flaborde,

the changing of comma to semicolon was easy. Thx

The next part is not so clear what i should do:

I found the sequence "Model Plugin - UUT Done" and in there the step "Process Result List"

I added to this VI the Sequence Context as Input-Parameter.

But what do you mean with "set the Report object's string value to the generated report so that you can read it later on"?

How do i retrieve the current report-content in this vi so that i can return it?

"if you just want to store the value so that other code modules can use it you could also return it and store it in a variable of your liking without having to pass the sequence context"

(Attached the VI with the added SeqContext which also gives me an error when running a testplan: 1031: Der VI-Referenztyp entspricht nicht dem VI-Anschlussfeld")

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(946 Views)