From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify DBLog.dll

Hello,

How do we proceed to modify DBLog.dll  to release the connection between TestStand 4.2.1 and MS Access (our database)?

Do we have all the needed files in Components\Models\TestStandModels\Database\DBLog to regenerate the dll?

Thibault

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,876 Views)

You have all the source code.  the vcproj file should be able to build it exactly back to how it should be.  If you google around for how to use a vcproj file it should be pretty straight forward.  It's basically xml that contains instructions and settings on how to rebuild the dll.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 10
(4,859 Views)

Thank you for your quick reply.

We want to load the TestStand 2014 DBLog.dll modified in TestStand 4.2.1.

When I load the project with MSVS 2012, there are 2 files missing which prevent me to compile it:

DBLog.h and DBLog_i.c

Where can I find these files?

Regards,

Thibault

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,837 Views)

I honestly couldn't tell you where to get them.  They are not on my machine anywhere.  Can you still build without them?  maybe they are legacy?  It almost feels like this utililty used to be written in C and then they redid it in C++.  And this just seems to be left over.  But I could be wrong about that.

Sorry I'm not more help than that.  Have you tried contacting NI directly to get them?

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,821 Views)

These files should be located at: <TestStand>\Components\Models\TestStandModels\Database\DBLog. You should have DBLog.h and DBLog.cpp in that directory. If they are not there, let me know and we'll take a look to figure out why they are not in that location.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,749 Views)

Daniel,

Those files are not in my folders anywhere in both TS 2014 and TS 2010.  FYI.

Cheers,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,746 Views)

I have contacted NI directly and they have sent me the 2 files missing. (DBLog.h & DBLog_i.c)

To obtain these files, they told me to:

- Go into the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2014\Components\Models\TestStandModels\Database\DBLog" (I have 32 bit version)

- Launch the project "DBLog.vcxproj"  with MS VS

- Save the project

- Then the files appear in DBLog directory

I didn't do it yet.

Regards

ThibaultMM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,734 Views)

That works, but there is another problem.. 

These lines give me errors:

// This line declares classes to access the NI Session Manager server, typically located at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Session Manager\NISessionServer.dll"
#import "SessionMgr.tlb" no_registry implementation_only rename_namespace("SM") rename("GetObject", "TSRenamed_GetObject")

// This line declares classes to access Microsoft ADO
// don't use this hardcoded path because it needs to be C:\Program Files (x86)\ on a 64 bit machine, instead used the guid
//#import "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado\msado15.dll "implementation_only inject_statement("#undef EOF") no_namespace
#import "libid:2A75196C-D9EB-4129-B803-931327F72D5C" implementation_only inject_statement("#undef EOF") no_namespace"Error: cannot open source file 

Error: cannot open source file "C:/Program Files (x86)/National Instruments/TestStand 2014/Components/Models/TestStandModels/Database/DBLog/Win32/Debug/SessionMgr.tlh"

&

Error: cannot open source file "C:/Program Files (x86)/National Instruments/TestStand 2014/Components/Models/TestStandModels/Database/DBLog/Win32/Debug/libid:2A75196C-D9EB-4129-B803-931327F72D5C.tlh"

I added SessionMgr.tlb & msado15.dll in my project. I can see those files in my object explorer, but it doesn't work anyway.  

Do you know how to resolve this issue? 

Regards,

Thibault

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,721 Views)

Thibault,

You might be able to resolve this by changing the project settings in Visual Studio. Specifically, you should go into the project settings, then Configuration Properties » C/C++ General » Additional Include Directories to include this search directory: 

..\..\..\..\..\API\VC;..\..\..\..\..\bin

It appears that the project is configured to look in a subdirectory of the \bin folder, which may be causing these files to not be found. After making this change on my test system, I was able to build the project successfully. Let me know if this works on your end.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,706 Views)

Hello Thibault, 

Did you ever figure out how to make these changes to DBLog.dll? 

I need to do the same, any info would be appreciated. regards

Sr Test Engineer at American Innovations - LabVIEW CLA - Kudo's are appreciated!!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,516 Views)