From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a custom sequence load when a new sequence (Ctrl+N) is clicked

Hello,

I have certain fixed steps to be executed for many test sequences at part of Setup and Cleanup group. I have created sequences for each group(init.seq and Release.seq) and called them in another sequence (Template.seq)

If Template.seq opens when I press Ctrl+N, reoccuring activity time can be saved.

I have tried adding Template.seq in Template Tab but that too requires deleting MainSequence(which gets create when Ctrl+N is pressed) and then adding this Template.seq from template tab.

You find the sequence is the attahment

Is there is way to meet this requirement?

Regards,

Anand Trivedi

Application Enigneer

Woodward Inc.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,211 Views)

Anand,

do you refer your question to the NI SequenceEditor or a custom UI with developer capabilities (e.g. full-featured Editor mode)?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,202 Views)

Hello,

I am referring for NI Sequence Editor.

Regards,

Anand Trivedi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,200 Views)

Anand,

there is no way i know of to change the New Sequence File menu bar option to spawn a custom template sequence file instead of an empty one.

What you can do is to provide a tool you add to the TestStand tools menu.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,193 Views)

Norbert,

What I mean is not changes in menu. 

When Ctrl+N is pressed a default blank sequence will open. Instead of that blank sequence is there option to load another sequence, is what I am looking for.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,191 Views)

You could create a menu item which does this either using a process model configuration entry point or a tool menu item, but there is no way to create such an item with a shortcut key, so it's not possible to make Ctrl+N do what you want. You might want to post to the idea exchange to request such a feature.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,186 Views)