From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to log strings stored in Station Globals and/or PreUUT values?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a Station Global that is persistent across all UUTs in a particular PC. I have also created a custom PreUUT dialog to obtain user input that applies to the upcoming UUT (I pass this user input to the UUT by storing it in a File Global). Both the Station Global and the File Global store a string.

What is a good way to log these strings into the ATML report and SQL database?

Currently, the best solution I can think of is:

1. Create a LabVIEW VI that takes a string input and passes it straight through to the output
  2. Pass the Station Global (or the File Global) into the VI input
  3. Assign the VI output to Step.Result.ReportText

This seems rather cumbersome though. Is there a simpler way to achieve this? (i.e. is there a built-in TestStand action that logs a variable directly into the report?)

In case it's important, I'm using TestStand 2013 SP1 and I'm using the default report templates: tr5_horizontal.xsl for ATML, and C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 2013\Components\Models\TestStandModels\Database\SQL Server Create Generic Recordset Result Tables.sql for SQL.

Thanks!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,485 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JKSH

JKSH,

You can handle this with the Additional Results functionality in TestStand, which can be configured in the settings for an existing step, or as a standalone step type. We have an example of this in the TestStand Fundamental Example series here: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/52354/en/#toc3   (Look for section 3, "Adding Custom Data to a Report"

I hope it helps, and let us know if we can do anything else to help!

Message 2 of 2
(4,474 Views)