NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to let axSequenceView display the sequence file after opened before running.

Solved!
Go to solution

1.png

How to let axSequenceView display the sequence file after opened before running.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,418 Views)

I have never tried this, but possibly, you could fire a trace event consciously from your sequencefileload callback.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,402 Views)

Thanks Norbert!

It's quite easy to add sequencefileload callback for me, but after that, I still don't know how to let axSequenceView to display it as well.

Demos will be high appreciated, thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,397 Views)

I recommend to implement the callback in the UI, not the sequence file.

In that callback, you have to determine which sequence file is loaded to identify "valid" files. If the file is valid, you can post a UI message using the thread object.

As stated above, i never tried to post a trace event without a running execution. It is possible, that this is not going to work properly if there is no active execution on that sequence (file).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,395 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TabZhang

I'd do it differently, you only see steps during execution because your sequence view control is connected to ExecutionView Manager. I would have two controls of the same size which sits on top of each other, one connected to ExecutionView as is by default and the other to SequenceFileView manager.

You can then use callbacks to Start Execution and End Execution events in the UI to make the right control visible. It is very easy to accomplish this.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 5 of 9
(4,365 Views)

This Good!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,336 Views)

Good! It's OK for me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,335 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TabZhang

I find another way, one axSequenceView1 is enough, you can connect it two times seperate.

in Form Load event:

axSequenceFileViewMgr.ConnectSequenceView(axSequenceView1);

when Start Test Event:
axSequenceFileViewMgr.GetCommand(CommandKinds.CommandKind_ExecutionEntryPoints_Set, 0).Execute(true);
axExecutionViewMgr1.ConnectExecutionView(axSequenceView1, ExecutionViewOptions.ExecutionViewConnection_NoOptions);

Message 8 of 9
(4,327 Views)

Kudo for that, TabZhang. However a word of warning to others: most debug facilities are only available through the SequenceFileViewMgr, so if you are executing and hit a breakpoint you should perhaps reconnect the SequenceFileViewMgr so that the debug context menu operates. Of course that loses the execution status column, which also happens when you switch back at the end execution event. It seems to me it would be much better if only one view was needed, perhaps the one connected to the SequenceFileViewMgr, and this also shows the status column (which would be blanked at the start of each execution). I have submitted this idea to the idea exchange, please kudo it if you agree with it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,962 Views)