From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import Image to simple GUI using ActiveX

Hi,

I was wonder if somebody could help me!

Is it possible to programmatically import  images (JPEG or BMP) to TestStand Simple GUI using ActiveX and event callbacks  in similar way as it is done to pass strings or numeric values? If not any other way to achieve this?

I know in TestStand 3.5 you can pass pictures using "Message Popup" step but I must show the picture continuously on GUI during a  test sequence and change it for the next sequence.

I am using
Labview 8.20
TestStand 3.5

Many Thanks and Regards

Mehran 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,732 Views)

Hi,

if during your sequence running through you know which jpg etc you want to display, then register for a UI message callback in the normal way (from the execution manager or application manager reference to the register event callback node and select the event as uimessage) and pass in the reference to a picture control to the User parameters. Then create the callback VI from the vi ref input.

You need to then post a ui message from your sequence that passes either the path of the file in the string part or a handle to the sequence context so that in the callback vi you can get hold of that path and use LV to load the file and display it in the string.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Sacha Emery
National Instruments (UK)

// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 2
(2,716 Views)