NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ignore one step status affect on to test result?

Hi,

I have one step which terminates reference object (throbj.AsThread.Execution.Terminate()) at the end of the main sequence. It also changes the test result always "terminated".
I want that this step does not affect on the main sequence result status. On the other words, if main sequence is pass or fail or error I need to keep that status till the end. Only if user terminates, then the result has to be "terminated".

Br,

Jick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,648 Views)

Execution.Terminate() is actually terminating your execution. You probably just aren't noticing it because this is the last step in main, so Execution immediately goes to cleanup - which happens to be the next step in your case.

Can you explain a bit more about what your end goal of this step is? If you're trying to stop an asynchronous thread there are better ways to go about it. Either wait for that thread to finish or send some kind of stop command.

Hope this helps!

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,605 Views)

Jick,

If this is following on from a previous thread - A thread problem when calling a vi.

When the terminate is called, this will termiante all the threads in an execution. and because you only have one execution ( the main one) and multiple thread that is why you are seeing this action.

You will need to change your New Thread to a New Execution. Now when you call the Terminate Execution, it will only terminate the Execution from the New Execution call.

Regards

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,584 Views)