From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get return parameter in labview from teststand sequence ran by labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

Running a test sequence from labview (basically running "<TestStand Public Directory>\Examples\TestStand API\Executing Sequences Using API\LabVIEW\Execute With No Process Model.vi") i need to get a parameter returned in "Parameters" after the sequence has executed.

My problem is i get the value when the sequence was saved and not the value after execution.

How to?

RunModelOptionsSequenceAndGetParameter.png

Vagn

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,520 Views)
Solution
Accepted by vrv

Vagn,

in order to get the values of the execution, you have to access the execution. The following screenshot shows how to access it.

AccessReturnParameters.PNG

Please note that this VI is ment to be called by TestStand. DO NOT USE THIS VI IN A CUSTOM USER INTERFACE!

thanks,

Norbert

EDIT: This dummy code shows how to read out the "Return" string parameter. Each parameter has to be read separately with the appropriate read function.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 4
(4,511 Views)

Norbert,

Works perfect. Thanks

Vagn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,506 Views)

Holy thread resurrection batman! 🙂

I have problems with the example. SequenceContext does not seem to have parameters property, has the API changed? I try to get AsPropertyObject and read from that but there is another problem before getting there so I do not know if this works.

NewExecution gives valid refnum but then GetThread return null and of course nothing works after that.

My VI code is called by TS and passes its SequenceContext to LV. In my code I call different TS sequence, pass parameters to it (succesfully) and then I need to retrieve some parameter values after execution has completed.

Jan_Nousiainen_8467_0-1692870638789.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(500 Views)