NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find/replace entire steps

Does anyone know of a way to search steps by name or type, and replace the step itself with a different step?  I've been trying to accomplish this with the Find/Replace in Files dialogue, but haven't been able to figure it out.  To clarify, my goal is to find all ActiveX controls with a specific name within a single sequence file, and replace them with a similar .NET control.  Doing this manually would be very time consuming.

Thanks in advance for any input!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,454 Views)

Hello TroyS,

There's no pre-made tool that does this in TestStand. However, what you need can be achieved pragmatically.

I found this example that should be helpful if you have TestStand 3.1 or later. You will need to make small changes to replace a ActiveX with a .NET as the example now changes it to None. You can add other steps to make other changes if needed.

Hope this helps.

Tarek B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,424 Views)

Thanks Tarek.  That's very helpful.  I'll see what I can do with it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,400 Views)

I am facing similar problem, where I want to replace Veristand steps fro GET & SET with ASAM XIL steps. I am on the half way using this https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/Creating-a-Sequence-File-Iteration-Tool-Replacing-Absolute/ta-... .

I want to know, how replace an individual step ( example of any step type is ok).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,120 Views)