From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find/replace entire steps

Does anyone know of a way to search steps by name or type, and replace the step itself with a different step?  I've been trying to accomplish this with the Find/Replace in Files dialogue, but haven't been able to figure it out.  To clarify, my goal is to find all ActiveX controls with a specific name within a single sequence file, and replace them with a similar .NET control.  Doing this manually would be very time consuming.

Thanks in advance for any input!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,451 Views)

Hello TroyS,

There's no pre-made tool that does this in TestStand. However, what you need can be achieved pragmatically.

I found this example that should be helpful if you have TestStand 3.1 or later. You will need to make small changes to replace a ActiveX with a .NET as the example now changes it to None. You can add other steps to make other changes if needed.

Hope this helps.

Tarek B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,421 Views)

Thanks Tarek.  That's very helpful.  I'll see what I can do with it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,397 Views)

I am facing similar problem, where I want to replace Veristand steps fro GET & SET with ASAM XIL steps. I am on the half way using this https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/Creating-a-Sequence-File-Iteration-Tool-Replacing-Absolute/ta-... .

I want to know, how replace an individual step ( example of any step type is ok).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,117 Views)