NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dynamically configure the TestStand Report within the executing sequence

Good morning everyone,

The very first step of my sequence reads a configuration file where is written which format of report is to be set and if the execution times shall be recorded or not. 

I know there are TestStand variables that configure this but I cannot find them. Does someone know them ?

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,701 Views)

The very first step of which sequence?  MainSequence?   If so then you are too late.  You should override the ReportOptions callback and do it in there.

All of the report options are passed into it as a parameter and you can change them to your hearts content.

To override the ReportOptions callback:

Right Click in the Sequence pane of your Sequence File

Select Sequence File Callbacks...

Click the ReportOptions callback

Click the Add button

Click the OK button

You should now see the ReportOptions callback.  In here you can read in your configuration file and then change the parameters to ReportOptions.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,688 Views)

Hello jiggawax,

Thank you for your answer. I'm affraid to understand what you are telling me : can you confirm that it is absolutly impossible to configure the TestStand report in the Main Sequence ?

And that it has to be done in the Report Option call back of the Process Model ?

Thank you again.

Luc.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,674 Views)

Do not do it in the process model.  Override the Report Options callback from your client sequence file.

The very existance of Report Options callback is to do exactly what you are asking.  I'm not sure why you want to do it in MainSequence.  It is not absolutely impossible to do it from MainSequence but it is definitely not recommended....especially when such a simple alternative exists.  If you can give me a good reason why you want to do it in MainSequence then I can help you figure it out.  But I feel it's a rabbit hole you don't want to go down yet.

Did you follow my instructions?  If so did you see what I was talking about?

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
Message 4 of 6
(3,664 Views)

It dawned on me that you may not understand callbacks.  Here is a white paper that explains.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/6605/en/

Enjoy,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,662 Views)

Hello jiggawax,

It is highly propable that I don't really understand the subtleties of the callbacks. I'll read carefully what you've sent to me.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,649 Views)