From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display current Options in Result Processing window

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I'm preparing custom result processing plugin in TestStand. According to TS help I can use Base.OptionsDescriptionExpression to set Options column in Result Processing window. In this column user can see current settings summary. I want to display report directory path in it, just like in the Simple Text Report example. Unfortunately I'm not able to do this...

I'm using FileGlobals.ModelPluginComponentDescription.Default.InitializationExpression to set default report path, in plugin specific options, using the following expression:

#NoValidation, ModelPlugin.PluginSpecific.Options.ReportOptions.Directory = RunState.Engine.GetTestStandPath(TestStandPath_Public) + "\\Reports"

Next I changed FileGlobals.ModelPluginComponentDescription.Default.Base.OptionsDescriptionExpression into #NoValidation, ModelPlugin.PluginSpecific.Options.ReportOptions.Directory which should contains default report path evaluated in InitializationExpression, and this Directory should be displayed in Options column in Result Processing window.

I do not know what I am missing, because it is not working. When I'm using breakpoint in Model Plugin - Configure Standard Options to see the Parameters.ModelPlugin.Base.OptionsDescriptionExpression it displays:

#NoValidation, // disable validation because top-level ModelPlugin property exists only at runtime

"<replace the value of FileGlobals.ModelPluginComponentDescription.Default.Base.OptionsDescriptionExpression with a string expression which describes the current options, or with an empty string if your model plugin has no options>"

So it looks like my Default.Base is not copied into Parameters.ModelPlugin.Base 😞

So how to display current Options (at least report path) in Result Processing window? Please help 🙂

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,981 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bienieck

OK I figure out what is going on. FileGlobals.ModelPluginComponentDescription.InitializationExpression is evaluated when I add new instance of plugin using Result Processing -> Insert New. Then each time Result Processing window is shown Parameters.ModelPlugin.Base.OptionsDescriptionExpression is evaluated to update Options column.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 2 of 2
(2,957 Views)