cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable balloon tips in TestStand Sequence Editor

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

is there a way to disable those nasty balloon tips in the TestStand Sequence Editor.

For example, when I want to pass a FileGlobal which is a string that contains a number and the step needs the numeric value, I need to use Val(FileGlobals.NumberString) and as

soon as I write 'Val(' a balloon tip appears and tells me what I can do. So far not the worst problem but in the development process it can happen, that I have to change the FileGlobal

and that is the point, when the balloon tips turn evil.

I start to correct the names of the variables in the steps and every time comes that nasty giant balloon tip. It is not just unnecessary but also incredibly annoying in that moment.

I really hope there is a setting that might help me or that the NI developer team considers to add the posibility to disable these balloon tips.

PS: might not be completely necessary to disable the balloon tips but maybe to make them tiny and if the programmer is really interested in the content then they could be expanded by a click.

I am using TestStand 2013 and TestStand 2011.

Thanks in advance

Manfred

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,465 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author The_Fred

I think what you are describing is the "Function Tip". You can stop these from displaying automatically.

The setting is in Station Options > Preferences > Expression Editing Options

My screenshots are from 2014 but it is the same on 2013. Not sure about 2011.

FunctionTip.png

Message 2 of 3
(4,448 Views)

Hello Adam,

thank you for your quick response. That is exactly what I needed. Works on TS 2013 as well as on 2011.

Thanks alot again.

Manfred

Message 3 of 3
(4,439 Views)