NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deactivate a product and make previous key invisible?

Hello,

i activated a NI product in NI Licence-Server.

I saw there is also the option "deactivate". But when i select after that again "acticate" then the previous entered key is still visible and can be used again.

How can i deactivate a product and remove the previous entered key in the field?

Reason: pc should be shipped to customer and reactivated with customer-licence.

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,576 Views)

After you deactivate it you should be able to go here: C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\License Manager\Licenses

Delete the lc file for the product you want gone.  It will create a temporary one the next time the application is started.

Which "key" are you talking about?  The serial number? or the 20 digit code you generate from ni.com/activate?  And which option are you choosing when you click Activate: Automatic, Web Browser or Apply 20 Character code?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 10
(4,568 Views)

I mean the S/N Mxxxxxxxx and i always use Automatic.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,563 Views)

Does deleting the lc file fix it?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,559 Views)

No, this is not working.

-deactivated the products

-deleted the lc-files

-started licence-manager

-no more products visible that could be reactivated

-reboot

-still empty

-start TestStand -> Activate Products is deactivated

-start NI Max and check SwitchExecutice -> evaluation period expired in red letters

-no new template licences were created for the two products

-copy backup of lc-files back to licence-folder -> everything visible again

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,514 Views)

I was going off this knowledge base: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6BF2C6CF85611A7B86257107005DEEFA

I'm confused why you would copy the .lc file back in there.  Maybe get one of the default ones mentioned in the article and put it in there?

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,502 Views)

Now i downloaded the Default License File from NI (~6 files and put them in the licence folder.

Then i am back in Evaluation-mode for the products

BUT: After i select "Activate" in Licence-Manager there was no input-box to enter a new S/N -> Program said immediately "Succesfully activated".

So this does not work to deliver the computer.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,498 Views)

I'm at a loss if that doesn't work.  The only thing I can think of is that you are logged into NI's website with your account and it knows the serial number somehow because it is linked to your account.

Or maybe there are some other hidden files for license manager that remember the serial number somehow (maybe in the temp folder? or an appdata folder?).  Or it is in the registry.  Try searching through the registry for that serial number.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,492 Views)

TestStand -sno was readable in registry. Aftere deleting it the field in licencemanager is empty.

But switchexecutive has still the sno and cannotbe find in registry (or is not readable)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,487 Views)

Navigate to:
C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Switch Executive\LicenseInfo.ini

There is a tag "SerialNo=xxxxxxxxx"

Delete the "xxxxxxxxx" Serial Number and the NI License Manager will show a blank!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,321 Views)