From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy StationGlobals from TS2010 to TS2013

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i used to have Teststand 2010 with lots of StationGlobals.

Now i installed Teststand 2013 but i didnt save my StationGlobals to a file.

But i have a disk-image of the old installation.

The question is now: What files do i have to copy to get my StationGlobals back?

I am using WIndows 7 (old and new system).

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,438 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author OnlyOne

Hi,

TestStand saves the station global variables in the StationGlobals.ini file in the <TestStand Application Data>\Cfg directory.

To get StationGlobals from TestStand 2010, you need to copy StationGlobals.ini from TestStand 2010 and replace StationGlobals.ini in TestStand 2013 directory.

This will overwrite TestStand 2013 StationGlobals.

If you need TestStand 2013 StationGlobals also, you can save them as Local variable of a new sequence and after replacing StationGlobals.ini, you can move these Locals to StationGlobals.

Message 2 of 3
(4,431 Views)

Hi

You can also use TestStand Migration Utility Tool to copy the Station Globals from TestStand 2010 to TestStand 2013.

This tool requires TS 2010  and TS 2013 to be installed and TS 2013 to be active version.

1. Launch TestStand 2013 Migration Utility Tool. (This tool is installed by TestStand)
  2. Select "2010" for the version to migrate from and click "Next"
  3. If you want to copy only the station globals, uncheck everything under "Files to Copy" and check "CommonAppData-->Cfg-->StationGlobals.ini"
  4. Click "MigrateFiles" button to migrate the files from TS 2010 to 2013.

Also refer to http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14515/en/#MigratingUserComponentsandSettingsUsingtheMigrationUtility for additional details.

Hope this helps.

Deepak.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,427 Views)