From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the Labview Code Module path for the entire seq file?

Hello,
I am new to TestStand, and I am converting a TestExecutive seq file to TestStand 3.0.   And I also want to change the main path of all the Labview VIs without editing each test step?  Is there any search path options that can be used with the seq file converted?

Best Regards,
Valen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,943 Views)

Hello Valen,

The answer depends on how the paths for the VIs are presently specified. Paths can be specified absolutely or relatively. You can see how a path is specified by right-clicking on a step and selecting Specify Module. The Edit LabVIEW VI Call dialog shows the VI’s path.

If the path for a VI is an absolute path, eg. C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\TestVIs\myFirstVI.vi, then TestStand looks for the VI exactly on that path. In this case, you would need to edit the particular step to edit the path.

If, on the other hand, the path to the VI is relative, then TestStand will look along paths created from concatenating the Search Directories with the relative path. That is, if the path for a step’s VI is TestVIs\myFirstVI.vi, and the first Search Directory is the path of the sequence file, then TestStand will first look for <path of the seq file>\TestVIs\myFirst.vi. In this case, you can change the location of the VI without editing the step as long as TestStand can find TestVIs\myFirstVI.vi starting in one of the Search Directories.

In other words, if every step of your sequence has a relative path for its VI, then yes, you can add the “main” path to all of the VIs to your list of Search Directories.

You can view and edit the TestStand Search Directories. Selecting Search Directories from the Configure menu launches the Edit Search Directories dialog. Press Help in this dialog for information on the fields in this dialog. In the Edit Search Directories dialog, you will notice that the first directory by default is the “Current sequence file directory”.

Regards,

Eric

Message 2 of 4
(3,921 Views)
Just use the sequence editor's find feature. It will let you replace once the search is done.

-Doug
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,907 Views)

Hello Eric/Doug,

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Valen

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,888 Views)