NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change column property of sequence steps in custom user interface?

Hello,

I can change the column property in TestStand to add columns or edit. But when I run the sequence from custom UI, the changes doesn't carry over. Should this be done programmatically or by set-up?

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,882 Views)

hello sonosJ, 

another user experience a similar issue on this forum: http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/test-stand-not-showing-cutsom-columns/td-p/1913813

Adding axApplicationMgr.UseStepListConfigurations = false; just before axApplicationMgr.Start(); should do the trick

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,856 Views)

Hi,

I am not sure if this applies to labview steps? Where would I set this properties?

I want to know a little more detail. Thanks

SJ

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,851 Views)

OK, I changed the ApplicationMgr.UseStepListConfigurations = false and the sequence view got rid of Settings and Status columns but it didn't show the new columns I created from TestStand.. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,844 Views)

axApplicationMgr.UseStepListConfigurations = false;  should be in the initialization routine. Where do you have it placed? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,827 Views)

Changes made to the Sequence View in the Sequence Editor will not apply to the UI. 

You can change the columns visible in the Sequence View of the UI by following the steps below: 

- Set the UseStepListConfigurations to false

- Edit the step view by: Right click on Sequence View in UI >>Sequence View>>Properties>>Columns. Here you can edit the step-list configuration of the UI.  

- After you save these changes, they will be saved to the UserInterface.XML (discussed here). If you'd like to deploy this UI to other computers,  you will need to deploy the xml file as well 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,797 Views)

Yes. That works. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,795 Views)