From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bring a VI front panel to the front (of all open windows) when the parent VI calls a sub-VI in Test Stand.

In Test Stand when I call a sub-VI front panel, the pop-up window goes behind all the windows and the user just waits for the screen. I want the pop-up to come to the front so that the user can know what to do. I couldn't find any property that I can set which would make the called VI go to the front.
Message 1 of 7
(5,281 Views)

Shoab,

One thing you can do is to make the VI modal.  You can do this by using VIs that are available in the TestStand palette, on the bottom line, Start Modal Dialog and End Modal Dialog.  You will have to pass the sequence context into your code module to use these VI's but spacing these VIs around your code should give you the desired behavior.  Give this a shot and let me know if you have any other questions.  Thanks and have a great day.

Message 2 of 7
(5,262 Views)

Hello Adam, thanks for replying back. I tried looking for the Modal Dialog in the palette, but was unable to find anything that says Start / End Modal Dialogue. I also tried looking for that in the help section, but couldn't really find anything. I am using LabVIEW 7.1, could you give me some more details regarding this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shoab

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,243 Views)
What version of TestStand are you using? Here are the TestStand palettes in LabVIEW for TestStand 2.0 and 3.1. You can also set a VI to be modal in  VI Properties>Window Appearance. Select Dialog or go to Cutomize and change the Window Behavior.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 03-07-2006 10:32 AM

Message 4 of 7
(5,239 Views)

Hi,

There is actually an example in the TestStand\Examples\ModalDialogs\Labview folder

Hope this helps

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,210 Views)

You can create a property node located under application control. From there you can right click on the property to Create, and create a "Method for Application Class". Then select the BringToFront method and connect it to your error in or whatever and you're all set!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,143 Views)

As a follow on to this, make sure that your top level VI is set to show front panel in TestStand.  Otherwise, even if you set the subVI to move to front, it won't show anyways.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,134 Views)