NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access the "Non Adapter" properties in Teststand API

Hi,
I'm trying to dynamically create a sequence file through Labview with the help of the API. So far I have eben able to create the file, add a sequence call into the file as well as link the sequence call to a particular sequence file that will be called. Now, I wish to add certain "non-adapter" steps into the sequence file like Goto, Label, Property Loader etc. I can't seem to find a way to access the propeties once the step has been added. In the LV adapter, I was able to access the TSAdp.SequenceCall API and manipulate the properties. How do I do the same for the non-adapter ones?

Also, when I load the sequence file through the TSAdp.SequenceCall API, i'm unable to access the parameters and link the inputs and outputs. I've attached a portion of my code and would really appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance,

-Anshul
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,994 Views)
Hi Anshul,

You should be able to access all the methods of a step even after you have added the step to your sequence. I had a chance to look at your code. Just like how you accessed the "Name" property of your step using an invoke node in LabVIEW, you should be able to access that others. Is there a particular property that you couldn't access once the step was loaded?

Please let me know

SijinK
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,978 Views)
Hi,

Is it possible to attach a LV7.0 version of your VI?

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,974 Views)
Thanks for everyone's replies. I am now able to set the parameters for the sequence file, just that I added a property node for the sequence file path and the sequence before loading the parameters. That did the trick and the rest was easy. Also for Goto, with some digging, I was able to add a custom property step if it fails or passes the step. It works like a charm. I'm attaching a modified version of my code in LV 7.0 format.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,968 Views)