NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Manage Multiple Hardware or auto select a sequence according to a condition?

Solved!
Go to solution

How can we manage mutiple types of devices in TestStand?

I have 2 types of DMMs since some are not available anymore (AG34410 that needs to be replaced for a 34465A when it goes to calibration or breaks down).

Each DMM is structured in its own *.seq file which includes all the hardware calls.

Example: Normally the TS developer adds a sequence call and links it to 34465.seq and selects the sub module 34465 Read Multiple Voltage.

What I try to do is an automatic selection to to the correct DMM according to the DMM string in StationGlobals:

34410.seq and selects the sub module 34410 Read Multiple Voltage

34465.seq and selects the sub module 34465 Read Multiple Voltage.

All of the submodules of the same "measurement" have the same parameters, so calling which ever wouldn't cause any issues.

Is this possible without having to implement a ton of if/else conditions for each measument type or function in a DMM.seq shell?

We are still at the start of a new project so I can change around some ways to call my sequences or rename all the subsequences to the same name. A LabVIEW call to TestStand API could be a viable option (though I haven't worked with TS API in LV yet).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,044 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Foreshadow20

I threw this example together that shows how to dynamically select which sequence to execute.  As long as they have the same prototype you should be good.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 6
(4,039 Views)

Thanks 1.21 jiggawax. Its a sweet, simple and easy to use.

Kudos!

Message 3 of 6
(4,022 Views)

"1.21 jiggawax".... NICE!

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,012 Views)
Or use the IVI drivers for each. With the class functions, you have only one sequence and just change MAX to select a specific instrument.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,995 Views)

this is a great example of when a Hardware Abstraction layer is usefull

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,931 Views)