NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you organise your sequences and files in a TestStand Project

Hi all,

I'm just embarking on my first reasonably sized TestStand project. (several tests and lots of sequences combined as one test-suite), so I'm hoping I can pick up a few tips from you guys who have experience with TestStand.

I would like to hear your experiences on how you organise you sequences to best effect and see if you have any other tips about project development with TestStand.

Specifically I wonder if you keep groups of related subsequences in one sequence file, or if you prefer to have one sequence per sequence file? Are there actually any pros or cons to either approach?

e.g. Equipment_X.seq contains Equipment_X_Initilialise.seq, Equipment_X reset.seq subsequences, or have the initialise and reset sequences as seperate sequence files.

I will also be using ClearCase to version control my files, and hopefully merge sequences, etc. Any tips on using teststand and configuration managements software tools?

any advice on this subject will be appreciated,

kind regards

Nigel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,836 Views)
From my very limited experience of using TS Project (Workspace file), first thing you need to understand the concept how it manages projects and associated files. You don't have to rearrange the things you already have in order to use that feature. You can start using it by either creating new project or add existing individual ones, so that you have an overall control/organization of everything you have made in TestStand. Its interface to source control is nice that allows you to check in/out files and see the status of files within the TestStand GUI. I use Perforce which is supported by TestStand 3.1 and 3.5 (it did not work in 3.0 though).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,831 Views)