NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i add a .NET DLL to the installation setup.

How do i add  a .NET DLL to the installation setup.
When running deploy teststand system i get following error message

Warning found an ambiguous relative path:
PcbaDaqLib.dll

I use a relative path to this dll.

With labview vi's i don't have this problem.

Another problem i have that the teststand keeps the dll locked although i execute unload all modules.
I cannot generate new dll unless i exit teststand.

Regards, Jan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,947 Views)
Jan,

I assume you created the DLL using visual studio .NEt.
Are you accessing this dll using the Dll adapter in TestStand?
You have to create a workspace and either add the sequence accessing the dll or the dll itself under one of the projects of the workspace.
After that open the deployment utility and select to Deploy Files from TestStand Workspace file and select the workspace file you created.
I guess you are already doing that.
If you go to distributed files and select to analyze the distributed files you should see the dll under the tree.
Make sure the path of the dll is under the TestStand Search directories. To verify this you can go to configure->Search Directories.

If you are already following the previous steps and you still have the problem could you describe how you are trying to access the dll.
How were you trying to add it to the deployment installer?

I hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,939 Views)
Hello Antonio

Thanks for your help. When i execute the command " insert code modules" then the dll is included.
I however still get the warning :  Warning found an ambiguous relative path:
But DLL is  copied to the target directory and the seq files points to the new directory so problem seems to be solved.

Question i now only have is :
Seems i need to add MI dll's manually. Any option like in VC#.net to check the dll for dependices.

The DLL stays locked as long as teststand is running. Unload all modules  does not work on my dll.

Thanks, Jan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,926 Views)

Jan,

What Version of TestStand are you using?
Could you attach an example that presents this problem?

At this point we don not trace the Dlls dependencies, you wil have to add them manually to your workspace.

Regards.

Message Edited by Antonio Lie (NI) on 08-10-2005 10:25 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,916 Views)