From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I store user input data and access it for my reports?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Im using: RunState.Root.Locals.StationInfo.StationID = Step.Result.Response expression in my Meassage Popup sequence, to obtain the station ID at runtime, and save it to my report. So far, this works.

Problem:

My goal is to buld an exectible thats deployed to other machines, wich will prompt a one time entry of the Station ID and used on all reports. e.g. even if I restart the execitable, for the program to look for this saved ID and place it in the report.

Where do I store the ID? How do I go about accessing it and inserting it to new reports?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,373 Views)

Powerbox,

This seems like the ideal use case for a StationGlobal variable. These variables are intended for station-specific settings which retain their values between executions.

Perhaps you could have code which says: If StationGlobals.ID is not set, display a box to set it. Otherwise, do not display the dialog.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,367 Views)

Thanks Daniel,

If I save the user input to my e.g. StationGlobal.ID variable, how do I get it from there to the Station ID field of my report?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,362 Views)
Solution
Accepted by powerbox

By default, the data in the StationInfo container should be appearing in the report, so you can just have a statement similar to:

RunState.Root.Locals.StationInfo.StationID = StationGlobals.CurrentStationID

You would have this statement at the point in your sequence when you want to decide whether a prompt should be displayed to enter the ID if it does not exist.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any more questions about it!

Message 4 of 4
(4,349 Views)