From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I shut down background tasks which are running outside of Test Stand when the sequence execution ends?

Within Test Stand I call a CAN Write VI in Labview to start a CAN datalink broadcast for a specific PGN.  The test in Test Stand continues to execute and then ends at some point.  The problem is that the CAN task is still running on the CAN card after the Test Stand sequence has ended.  I understand that the task is separate from the Test Stand execution, but I would like to end all running CAN tasks when the Test Stand sequence ends.  I could call the CAN close VI for each running task, but I may miss one this way.  I would like a global shut down of all running CAN tasks.  Perhaps something on the test stand cleanup tab that would do this.
thanks.
Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,710 Views)
Hi Tim,
To end all running tasts, you will have to use the CAN Clear VI for each task. I am not sure I understand what you mean when you say "I could call the CAN close VI for each running task, but I may miss one this way". Unfortunately, there's no VI that does a global shutdown of all running tasks. Thanks!

Regards,

Message Edited by _Belle on 10-17-2006 06:35 PM

Ebele O.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,696 Views)