NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove the "Opening Configuration..." window at the background when configuring an Express VI from the Sequence Editor?

A small window saying "Opening Configuration..." stays always in
the background when I choose to configure a step (Express VI module).

This shouldn't be showing, for the configuration window of the
express VI is already open. This hapens when I choose "Configure VI..."
from the step context-menu.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanx a lot for the help and
best regards for the Forum-Members! ":^)

- Caribe -

Test Engineer
Siemens AG, Germany
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,960 Views)
Hi Caribe,

I dont know why that's open like that, but it doesn't seem to be hurting anyone and when you close the configure VI dialog, it goes away.

You will also notice that it is present when you use the Specify Module option and select Configure VI, only you dont notice so much because the main configure dialog is sitting on top of it. If you drag the Configure Dialog down the screen you will find it.

Maybe the LabVIEW guys will hide on later releases.

What LabVIEW are you using?

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 5
(2,952 Views)
Thaks for your Message Ray!

I am using LabVIEW 7.1.1 and TestStand 3.1f1

This window doesn't bothers me, but I think it
can maybe bother the users of the VIs. But,
if theres nothing to do here...

Best Regards,

- Caribe -
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,943 Views)
Hi,

Yeah, its a bit of a strange one, maybe a hang over from when Express VI's were being developed and the developers forgot to hide the window.

Its not really required, like you say, you got the Configure Dialog open, so you dont need another window open telling you something is happening when its already happened.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 4 of 5
(2,941 Views)
Caribe and Ray -
Our intent was that the message dialog was visible while we load the configure VI, call the configure VI, and persist the information that the configure VI returned. Since the configure VIs for LabVIEW rememeber where you last placed them, it is possible for the Configure VI to not display over the message dialog. We could see if we can hide the message dialog while the configure is visible.
Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,915 Views)