From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get UUT_RESULT ID?

Hi,

I'm currently implementing another database that keeps track of all tests and re-tests of a UUT. I want to use the default database (MySQL) that ships with TestStand for the test results, though. My plan is to use the GUID in UUT_RESULT [ID] as a key, and to fill my own database upon Post_UUT with this value along with test start- and end time.

Question is, how do I get hold of this GUID?

In the database options for MySql insert, we see that the ID-column in the UUT_RESULT table is a primary key with a type 'Store GUID Value'

dboptions.png

Is this GUID possible to get hold of some way? I would like to avoid querying the database for the last test result, which also might be unsafe in a environment with many parallel test stations.

One option would be to make a copy of this schema and create my own GUID upon Pre_UUT and store it into a variable, then assign the UUT_RESULT[ID] to this value. 

What is best practice in this case? Am I approaching this the wrong way, or are there simpler ways to achieve the same result? 

Any insights are appreciated

Best Regards,

Daniel Rhodin

Synopsys Inc.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,157 Views)

Rhodin - Did you ever solve this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,346 Views)

Daniel,

I supposed that each of your UUT has a serial number.

Could you explain me why you need another database instead of querying the different execution on a UUT specified by its serial number ?

Beside that, are you using Standard or On-The-Fly database logging ?

Jean-Louis SCHRICKE
CTA - Certified TestStand Architect (2008 - 2022)
CTD - Certified TestStand Developer (2004 & 2007)
CLD - Certified LabVIEW Developer (2003 & 2005)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,332 Views)

Yes, all UUTs has a serial number. But a UUT can be re-tested which means that I need a unique test record ID (which is what is created when checking in a test result).

The "other database" I was referring to, holds a lot of other data such as products, work orders, assembly structures, repair and trouble shooting information and so on. For each test record, it might also hold supplementary files that is generated during a test. So I need a primary key that can sew these two databases together, and the serial number is not enough.

My "solution" is currently that the two databases are completely independent. Viewing test results for a particular UUT requires the user to enter the serial number and then manually find the correct date/time for the test record.

I've thought about using a combination of S/N, test station ID and date information to find the correct entry in the test results database, but it's not a very neat solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,328 Views)

I'm needing this.

We are planning on enable On The Fly database logging and our C# operator interface will want the GUID early in the run to pass on to a .asp driven web application that will take care of getting the data out of the database and displaying it to the operators during and after the run.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,107 Views)

Bueller?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,971 Views)