NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I drive a relay on a PXI 2567 using Test Stand ?

Hi ,

I have TS 3.5 and NI Switch executive 2.1.   I would like to turn a relay ON on the PXI 2567 using teststand ( using Switch Executive or otherwise ) . Can I do it using the switching tab in a sequencecall property ? I read the tutorial to create elaborate routes and buses, etc but could not find a place where I could turn the relay ON or OFF. I assume I could do it by connectiing the COMx to NCx of the relay ???   However I do not know how I can do this in Teststand/ Switch Executive. 

Any help appereciated !! Smiley Sad

Thanks in Advance,
samboos Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,006 Views)

samboos,

There are two steps to getting this working.  First you need to get a working route in Switch Executive in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX).  You can use the test panel there to make sure that the route is working correctly.

Then in TestStand, you can set up the switching tab to connect the route you defined.  Once that route is connected, you can define the life of that route.  The most useful settings are Manual, where the route won't disconnect until you run a disconnect operation, and Step, where the route will automatically disconnect after the step has finished running.

Let me know if this helps!

Josh W. | National Instruments | Applications Engineer

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,991 Views)
josh,

i was able to do the switching using routes created through NI switch executive and using Teststand to call it . I had read documentation on how to create routes, but I couldnt figure out how to drive a relay, or turn it on. Just realised it is as simple as making a route from chx to comx and calling that routefrom teststand !! Smiley Very Happy

~sambit~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,985 Views)