NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a new Folder for each test report based on Serial number?

I want to be able to create a new folder for each test report based on serial number. Each time a UUT is tested, I want the report to go to the appropriate folder. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,184 Views)
Hello Tman,

This is a slightly tricky question. The reason being, the report options like the report path etc, are set before you see the serial number prompt when you run your UUT. There might be other ways of getting around this, but a quick solution would be modifying the process model.

I modified the PreUUT callback to set the report options. I passed the reportOptions as a parameter to this sequence. In the PreUUT sequence, I set the following fields:

Parameters.ReportOptions.GeneratePath=False
Parameters.ReportOptions.ReportFilePath= "c:\\"+ Locals.SerialNumber +"\\report.xml"

I hope this would give you an idea.

SijinK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,166 Views)
How do I pass the parameter ReportOptions to the PreUUT callback?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,142 Views)
Hi Tman,

ReportOptions structure is a local variable in your process model (sequential model). So copy this structure and paste into the parameters section on the PreUUT sequence. This tells the PreUUT sequence to expect a reportOPtions structure to be passeed to it.

Now in your TestUUTs/Single Pass sequence there is an call sequence step called "PreUUT callback". Right-Click specify module and now pass the ReportOptions which is a local variable (locals.ReportOptions) to the sequence.

I hope this helps

SijinK
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,123 Views)