NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I configure my custom step type to call its Express VI configuration dialog box each time I double click the step?

By double clicking on a step in the TestStand Sequence Editor the Properties dialog box pops up.

How to change this behaviour?

I would like to configure my step type so that each time I double click the step, the Express VI configuration dialog box pops up, instead of the properties.

One Idea is to use custom activeX substeps, for example, Antonio Lie mentioned the substep "OnNewStep" in my last post. Is there also a "OnDoubleClick"?

Does anyone know a list of activeX substep that can be used? Or are there other ideas?

Thanks a lot!!! Smiley Happy

- Caribe -

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,621 Views)

Caribe,

1. Currently it is not possible to change the behavior for double clicking on a step. It is a good idea though, and we will be consider to add it to the next versions of TestStand.
 2. "OnNewStep" is the only "special" substep. It was implemented for internal use and it is not documented yet.
 3. If you want to know more about substeps you can red the Reference Manual, Chapter 13 is a good place to start.
 4. I want to make clear that "OnNewStep" is called every time you insert a new step. The sequnce editor gets the substeps list and if it finds the "OnNewStep" substep in the   list It calls it using the API. The substep can use any adapter type, It does not have to be the ActiveX adapter.

Hope it helps.

Message 2 of 2
(2,611 Views)