NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Print Step Results depending on Variable?

I have a subsequence that generates an array, depending on a number of factors. For the final version, I'll print out ONLY the contents of the Array, into the report.

However, for debugging my subsequences, I want to Print out all of the results into the report. I want to be able to turn this ON and OFF, depending on if I'm debugging.

I've tried using a Parameter argument "Parameters.bPrintResult" and in the individual steps, adding:
RunState.Step.TS.NoResult = Parameters.bPrintResult

The results don't make sense to me in that if I run it, (True or False) it won't print, but if I use the "Set Next Step" it will print out.

Any words or wisdom?

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,033 Views)
I can answer my own question...

It's just occurred to me that I've been through this once before, only in a slightly different context.

Turns out that the Process Model will pay attention to the ".NoResult" flag the NEXT time around.

I may consider some way of modifying the process model, but I'm not sure I want to spend the time.

Mike

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,035 Views)

Hi Mike,

A really late reply so maybe you solved your problem already, but I wanted to write for the sake of completeness.
If you write

RunState.Step.TS.NoResult = (Step.Result.PassFail) ? True:False

as a post-expression for the step you want to delete the result (not as a separate step) then for that step no result is displayed in the log file if the step passes.

Message Edited by ebalci on 04-16-2007 01:34 PM

Message Edited by ebalci on 04-16-2007 01:38 PM

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,839 Views)