NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i changed message popup coordinate?

I want do parallel test so i want to change message popup coordinate. I found top coordinate and left coordinate tab but i dont know what to write there. Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,540 Views)

I'm pretty sure those coordinates are in number of pixels.  So your expression needs to evaluate to a number.

So the Top and Left coordinate are relative to your screen (not your application).

Do you want the popup to show up on on it's respective window in the User Interface?  Or do you want them just to show up in a spot depending on testsocket index?  This could also depend on how many sockets you are running.  Will you sockets be variable?

It all depends on what you want.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,533 Views)

ı want do 2 test same time. I need two pop up whether overlapping

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,529 Views)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "whether overlapping".  Does that mean you want them to overlap or not?

The only way you can truly enforce them from not overlapping is if you know the size of the message popup at edit time.  I say this because it dynamically changes sizes depending on images, number of characters, response, text size, etc...  And there is not a way to get the full coordinates from TestStand.

Also, you need to take into account the screen size and resolution of the deployments PC.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,503 Views)

I want to say not overlap

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,390 Views)

You will have to play around with it to make them not overlap but you can just have a base value for the top and bottom.  Store those in a local variable.

Then for socket 0 use the base coordinates and then for socket 1 use the base coordinates + some factor.

Something like Locals.Top + (RunState.TestSockets.MyIndex * 200)

Something like that maybe?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,331 Views)

Thanks for help. I changed it in message pop up settings. I write number of pixels to coordinate screen. I solved my problem. :))

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,288 Views)