NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I programmatically generate report from teststand diff/merge tool?

Hello,

I'm currently using TortoiseSVN for change control management of code. A rare, but too common, issue we face is that someone has uncommitted code on their machine.

We've developed some code to email notify the CORE team when uncommitted code is detected on a machine. We're able to identify which files have modifications, but we're looking to take it a little further and determine what the differences are; preferably between the repository version and local version if you are familiar with SVN.

I'm familiar with FileDiffer.exe, and have it linked easily to diff files in the TortoiseSVN GUI, but I'm looking for a way to do this and generate a dif report progammatically.

Does anyone know of a way to launch and programmatically generate a report xml from the TestStand File Diff/Merge tool without use of the GUI? Or if there is another tool or method out there capable of diffing sequences, please give suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,040 Views)

I'm looking into the same for LabVIEW files... I've come up with the following options but have not identified a concrete way to generate a comparison report so far.

• LabVIEW Compare Tool
    • Requires visual (GUI) rep of diff files
  • LabVIEW SCC Compare Palet
    • Allows for direct Labview connection to SVN but requires PushOK installation or similar client.
  • LabVIEW procmphier.llb -> CMP Compare two Vis.vi
    • Cannot access the SVN repository, so will need to determine way to create app reference to the repository VIs
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,039 Views)