NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I insert the reusult of a failed test of a secuence in the status batch result status message box ?

Hello, I'm totally new to programming. I started with LabView and test stand to make some test as VI's. When test stand secuence ends, the batch result box (batchmodel.seq) pops out for the several uut's tested in every socket. I'd like to add to the status message the information fo the test wich failed instead of searching this info in the xml (or html) report.
Joel Urbaez
Test Engineer ,
Napco Alarm Lock Intl. Group.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,225 Views)
Hi Joel:

Every report in TestStand comes with message on top of the report (below the header) that tells you which step in the sequence caused the failure. Hence, you do not need to read through the entire report to get this information. If you still want to use the banner to report this information you can do the following:

1. After the sequence has executed you will have to add a step in the Post-UUT sequence.
2. Here you can either choose to show a message popup where you can display the step that failed
3. You would have to use the following variables:
If ( RunState.Sequence.Locals.ResultList[0].Status = "Failed") ? RunState.Sequence.Locals.ResultList[0].TS.StepName
4. You can also try to modify the modelsupport2.dll file for the functions that bring up the popup banner to add more information.

Thank you

Nandini
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,199 Views)
I think what Joel is asking for is to display test results in the STATUS_TEXT text box of BUTPANEL in modelpanel.uir. If that's true, Joel, you'll have modify the CVI source code that is used to create the gui. As it is now, the gui monitors just the state of the seq running and writes strings that it gets from an ini file. There are no strings for the individual sockets. Just overall status. I don't know of a way to get individual results to the status box without rewriting batchuutdlg.c and rebuilding modelsupport2.dll.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,193 Views)
That's it ; what I'm trying is to get only  failed test results  in the status text box.
Do any af you have the souce of the modelsupport.dll  so i can try it.

Thanks for your answers
Joel Urbaez
Test Engineer ,
Napco Alarm Lock Intl. Group.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,183 Views)
You have it already. Look in your \Components\NI\Models\TestStand Models folder. All of the source is there. The name of the CVI project file is modelsupport2.prj.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,179 Views)