NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I implement a do loop in Test Stand

I'm trying to create a looping step that will execute at least one time like a traditional do loop in a text based language. Can it be done using the loping feature of a single step, or do I have to execute the step, and loop using a goto step with a precondition?

Thanks in advance for any help.
David Dupont
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,911 Views)
If you are using TS 3.1 you might look into the flow control steps to find what you are looking for. Hope this helps.
Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,907 Views)
I keep forgetting to tell everyone that because of program limitations, I'm stuck using Test Stand 2.0.1 😞
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,906 Views)
We had a contractor build us an app using TestStand 2.0.1. In the documentation he mentions that the application uses "custom flow control step types that are defined in a TestStand_LabWindow/CVI add-on that is available as a free download from NI". I looked over the original disk and I found a folder containing these step types. You might want to see if you can find them on the web site. Or if is possible here I can attempt to attach them if you want.
Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,902 Views)
Thanks. I had a guy internally tell me the same thing. He also said there are some problems with a couple of those step types not working all the time in 2.0.1, but I understand it's been fixed in version 3.0. Can't wait until I can switch over. Meanwhile, I think I'm going to stick with the goto method, because I'm not sure if loading those custom types will mess something up with the process model that we're being made to use, and also, I probably can't load those on the target system, and who knows what would happen there?????
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,899 Views)