From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I extract the results of my squence?

Hello, I'm a beginer of test Stand.

I've created a main squence with LabView & TestStand, and works well, when it finish TestStand automatically creates my report. I need to extract these results of my sequence in order to create a custom document automatically, creating an action with LabView that works with these results, without any action of an operator.

How can I extract these results? Thanks you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,541 Views)
Hello,

you've got several options here, although it seems you might want to go with the first option:

1) After running your sequence, you'll find all the results needed for creating a report on the variable Locals.ResultList, which is an array of objects (of the Result type). You can pass this array to external code for it to use the information (i.e. create a report)

2) You can override the report generation callback on your process model (Test Report callback)and create your own LabVIEW-based report generation sequence/routine

3) You can modify the report generation sequences on the process model to suit your needs (always make backup copies and place your modifications on the /Components/User folder !)

I would also recommend you to assist National Instruments Training Courses, as these things can be seen in detail and provide you a better understanding of all the options TestStand has.

Regards,

Jorge M.

Mensaje editado por Jorge M.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,519 Views)
Thanks Jorge,

By miself, I have founded a way to do this. For each step of the sequence, I can assign a "Post Expression" like:

Locals.Resultado1 = Step.Result.Numeric

This example matches with a Numeric Limit test, Previous, I have created a local variable called "Resultado1".
With all the steps finished, I have a collection of results contained in the local variables Resultado1 to Resultadon , wich I will be able to use them in a new VI to perform my report in ".doc" extension. Now, I can do this because my squence haven´t got many test, but in a future I'll need to design new sequences with a lot of tests and this way won't be the better option.

What do you think about this way? I will try to do your first option, it seems to be easier.

Best Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,507 Views)
Hello,

basically, what you have done is what I mentioned as the first option, with the difference that TestStand already was doing it for you automatically (using the array of Results), including more information (not just the numeric), and into an array instead of isolated variables.
Besides that, your option is fine, but I agree it may not be the optimal way for big sequences. I would definitely design your system to use the ResultList variable, it will be easier to maintain and more flexible.

Regards,

Jorge M.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,502 Views)
Thanks Jorge,

I will sutudy the way to extract the array of results to a LabView vi aplication. I have tried to do this in a basic example, but don't works, it seems to be empty, but I'm sure I'm doing something worng.

Best Regards,
Pedro Martín.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,493 Views)
I am needing this solution for my project as well. How do I work with an array of containers in Labview.. ie. how can i put a control of that type in order to read the Locals.ResultList variable into labview.

Probably a stupid question, but it is not obvious to me.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,433 Views)
You can pass the parameter into LabVIEW as an ActiveX reference (type TestStand Property Object). You can then obtain any of the values within it using the GetPropertyValue VIs.

Allen P.
NI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,422 Views)