NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I export all expressions from a TestStand sequence file, or the whole file so I can search for expressions?

Tools >> Import/Export Properties looks promising but I never get the acual expression no matter what I select.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,983 Views)

You can search within TestStand.  Why do you need ot export them?

Go to Edit>>Find/Replace In Files...  Then you can set up the filter however you'd like.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 5
(4,977 Views)

Good point, but I want to write software that parses a file with ALL the expression. And I just figured out how to do it; you can save the file as XML. That's not where it should logically be, in the File >> Save As... place, but a sequence file properties dialog box that I don't have the exact name right in front of me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,974 Views)

You can also go to Tools>>Sequence File Documentation.  This will print to either text or html.  This way you don't have to change the format of your file as you described.  

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 4 of 5
(4,946 Views)

This Tools>>Sequence File Documentation is certainly much faster and I'm glad I learned about it; but it doesn't capture the information I want which is the contents of expressions in a Numeric Limit Test.

Exporting the sequence file as XML gets absolutely everything including those expressions.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,899 Views)