NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable all steps in the report?

Hello,

i have a Sequence File with lot of steps. In the moment all steps are shown in the report, except i edge off the hook in the Run options of every step. Is there a possibility that all Steps are not show in the report, except if i mark them.

regards

Bastian 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,310 Views)

Hello Bastian,

two ways I know to achieve this aim.

First way:
Add the Sequence File Callback "ReportOptions" to your Sequence File (via Menue "Edit"). Then force in Sequence "ReportOptions" the Parameter "DisableReportGeneration" on Value True (e.g. via Statement Step or Dialog Box Step). Now TestStand generates no report. The disabling happens one times before SequenceFile achieves UUT Loop.

Second way:
Add the Sequence File Callback "SequenceFilePostResultListEntry" to your Sequence File (via Menue "Edit").  Then force in Sequence "SequenceFilePostResultListEntry" the Parameter "DiscardResult" on Value True (e.g. via Statement Step by mapping from a FileGlobal). TestStand will generate a report but no StepResult contained in it. The disabling happens everytime in UUT Loop after every step runs.

I hope this helps.

Christian

Christian

Test Engineering
digades GmbH
www.digades.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,293 Views)
Thanks for the answer.
Generally i want to have a report after every test. But i don't want to have every step in the report. Up to now i have open the properties of every step and put off the "report results". When you have a Sequence, which have 100 steps and you want to have only 5 steps in the report, then it is long winded to make it like this. 
Have anybody an idea to make the changes more effective

Thanks

Bastian 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,275 Views)
The option to not store results is stored in the Boolean variable "Step.TS.NoResult".

I guess you could make something that, via the TestStand API, grabs a sequence and loops through each step, switching this property to True.  Then manually set the ones you want to record back to False, using the dialog in the normal way.

Hope this is of help.

Message Edited by Sean on 07-07-2005 09:19 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,273 Views)

I've tried this now.  It took me about a minute to do, after I'd worked it out.  Step by step:

Configure >> Station Options >> Preferences Tab

Tick "Show Hidden Properties"

Open your sequence.

Edit >> Find...

Type "NoResult" into the "Find:" control.

Tick "Limit Search to:" and select either your sequence or all sequences.

Click OK.

In the results window, click the top result.

Press Shift, and click the bottom one.  All should be selected.

In "Replace With", type "True".

Click "Replace Value".

Now manually switch on the ones that do need to be reported.

Message 5 of 6
(3,267 Views)
Hello Sean,

thanks for the help. This was exactly what i want to do.

Regards

Bastian
Message 6 of 6
(3,257 Views)